26 Feb Moodle plugin developer wanted
Type: Contract freelance or company
Location: Glasgow, Galashiels or remote working from any UK-based location
Together with Borders College, we’re looking for a talented Moodle developer to create a user-friendly solution for creating, issuing and displaying Open Badges in Moodle.
‘Badgemaker’ is funded by a grant from UFI Charitable Trust. The project will create a ‘one-stop-shop’ plugin, which could be offered to other Colleges and Universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to solve an outstanding issue in Moodle, which has previously limited the potential of open badges across the platform.
The plugin will:
- Create a simple badge image
- Create the metadata: issuer, endorser, date, criteria and evidence
- Store evidence
- Create an easy-to-use interface for issuing badges
- Notify users appropriately
- Share badges across other platforms including criteria and links to evidence
Snook & Borders College will support the design, user requirements and testing. Time is of the essence! The plugin needs to be operational by end of May 2016.
Ideally you would be available to start in March and will take full responsibility for the development and reporting of progress to the Project Lead.
Skills and abilities
- You will need to be comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- At least one year experience developing Moodle plugins (evidence of previous development required)
- Working knowledge of MySQL, SQLServer or similar
- Solid knowledge of PHP, and PHP best practices
- Experience using version control
- Knowledge of Linux servers would also be desirable, although not essential
Is this a challenge you can take on and make a difference in the lives of students? We want to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Badgemaker Developer” with a CV or portfolio of development.